Sunday, July 7, 2013

Super big update!


Alright so I'm not that great at consistently updating my blog. My life has recently gotten super busy. I don't know how people find time to sit down and blog. It's something I wish I was better at. I wake up go to work, come home, make dinner, play with Caleb, put Caleb to bed, clean dishes/pick up the house, talk and spend time with Spencer and then I'll either go to bed because I'm way tired (Caleb isn't one of those babies that sleep for 10+hours) or I'll do some slide syncing for extra income. I do this about 10 hours a week.

My weekends are always packed. We try to either accomplish a lot on our to do list or do something fun. Some of the fun things we have done that I haven't written about:

-My birthday and Valentines was fun. Spencer got me a comfy memory form pillow and a 16GB Memory card for my camera. We also went out to dinner and had family over for a party.

-Spencer took Caleb to the zoo with his cousins! They had a blast. (3/29/13)



-We went to the Home and Garden show. Signed up for a 2 night stay at Westgate resorts. Got us thinking about our future home.

-Spencer had his birthday. I decorated the house and got him some new clothes. We had people over for a birthday celebration. There was one snag...on his actual birthday we went out to eat at Famous Dave (one of his favorite places) and afterwards he got violently ill. Threw up all through the night and had important work to do early the next morning. No Bueno. :( Poor Spencer. But his brother Joel did take him to a Jazz game so he did still have some good memories for his birthday!

- Flew to Portland, OR to visit my sister Christina. The trip was way too short. I miss her and her cute family! It was so good to see them. I really want to go out there again but stay for like a week or something. Caleb did pretty well flying, but it was not perfect. He did manage to kick my water on the seat and it ran under Spencer. His entire butt was soaking wet. It was funny watching him walk to the back to change in the small lavatory. Good times. While we were there we went to the river. It was a lot of fun! Portland was beautiful. Ian and Ava loved playing with Caleb. I wish we lived closer.





- Stayed in Park City at Westgate. Had such a great time! Went window shopping and ate yummy food. Love Park City!




-We also went to two different parties with Spencer's co-workers. Spencer really loves his job. He works with great people and we had a great time hanging out with them and their families.


-We celebrated our 3rd anniversary. Daniel, Spencer's brother, watched Caleb while we drove through the Alpine Loop. We were going to do indoor sky diving, but in the middle of the night Spencer got the worst migraine of his life. He threw up 5 times. It was horrible!! I felt so bad :( He didn't exactly feel like doing anything physical. So we changed plans and did something more laid back. The Alpine loop was gorgeous!! It made me want to go camping so bad! We made our way to Heber and enjoyed some Dairy Keen! I love their train burger and nobody does Fresh Strawberry Shakes like they do. YUM!! While we were there we saw there was a car show. Who Knew? We walked around and saw all the neat restored cars. It was a great day. We went back home and relieved Daniel. I quickly got my hair cut (I needed it pretty bad) and headed over to Spencer's parents house. Karen watched Caleb while we went to WestFest and enjoyed fireworks. It was such a great day just spending time with each other without Caleb. I couldn't believe how good it felt. I love Caleb but we hadn't gone so long without having him with us. It was nice.
-Funny Story. I dropped my phone in the grass. Didn't realize it until we were almost to the car. Spencer's phone was dead so we couldn't use it to find my phone. Daniel was there and he offered to run back to find it. while he did that, we went to Winco to pick up some items. We called him on the Winco phone to see if he found it and where he wanted us to meet him. A nice family helped him search and one of the little girls found it! Daniel awarded her 2 bucks. (he's so nice) Thank goodness my phone was found! Thank you Daniel!
We look awesome..

My dad's first car.



So there you have it. Those are just some of the fun things we have done. I could go on BUT this post is already pretty long. Good for you if you are still reading. This year is flying by! I can't believe it.

0 comments: