We did more research and felt really good about building. Plus we got such a great price! Honestly it was just slightly more to build than it was to buy a townhome. Plus a lot of the townhomes had huge HOA fees.
So we went ahead with the planning. We scheduled a day to go to the design center to design the inside of our home. We gave ourselves a budget because we knew it would be easy to go overboard on the upgrades. That day at the design center was very overwhelming! There were too many choices! I mean seriously, they let you do whatever. Which I guess is nice but man I had a hard time because I was just looking at samples. For example-You have hundreds of paint swatches to choose from and I knew that what I picked would look different once it was on the wall. But they have someone there to help you. She was great. Hopefully we like everything that we picked :)
We are so excited to move into our new home. It'll be finished at the end of October. Our goal is to close on October 25th. We will be living at Independence At the Point in Bluffdale. Really close to I-15. Our lease where we currently are living is up at the end of July. They don't do month to month. So...we are moving in with my parents until our home is finished. That should be an adventure. But I'm not too worried about it. Hopefully the next 4 months will go by quickly!
![]() | |
| Silver Star rambler |
![]() |
| Main floor:1486 sq ft |
![]() | |||
| Basement: 1385 sq ft |




0 comments:
Post a Comment