Sunday, July 14, 2013

My Baby is 1 year old!

Caleb on his birthday 
Just a few days old

What a special week we've had. Caleb turned one! Right before his birthday we went over to Fotofly and had his pictures taken. We did 2 poses as a family and the rest were of him. He was so adorable at the shoot. The very end we did a cake smash. Oh my! I knew he would eat the cake (that boy will eat anything) but I didn't realize how much he would get into it! Holy Moly! The photographer couldn't believe it. The other photographers came and watched. It was pretty funny. Thursday was his actual birthday. I sang to him and we cuddled in bed for a while. No one cuddles like Caleb. I hope it never ends. He will lay in bed with me with his arms around my neck, laughing, talking and giving me wet kisses on the cheek. It's pretty precious. I love how he will put his forehead to mine and laugh. I took him to Ranae's (his babysitter) and she gave him four toys! She loves to spoils these kids. Spencer joked that he was just going to wrap up our pots and pans because he loves to play with them. And then Caleb opened his gift from Ranae and it was toy pots and pans! Ha ha everyone laughed.


 We didn't have a celebration on his actual birthday, instead we celebrated it on Saturday so more family could come. We had a delicious cake with ice cream. It's funny to have cake with a candle on it at this age. Caleb just stared at it. I helped him blow out the candle. It'll be fun when he can do it himself. Thanks to all who came. It was good seeing everyone. Caleb was spoiled with some cool toys and cute outfits.


At 12 months Caleb is close to walking. He can walk with you holding one hand. He just needs to take that plunge and walk with out anything helping his balance. I'm in no rush ;) He says Mama, Dada, Bye bye and I'm pretty sure there are other words he is trying to say...but he is still working on the pronunciation :) It's funny to hear his conversations. It actually sounds like he is saying words, just in a different language. He is climbing and getting into everything. Spencer put him at the bottom of the slide, he turned around and crawled to the top of the slide!

He stills loves trying new food. He is just now starting to show signs of "Stranger Danger." I usually see it when he is really tired. But most of the time he good with strangers.

He is sleeping so much better since I stopped breastfeeding. Last night he slept for 12 hours. I heard him cry at 4:20 but he fell right back to sleep. Can I get a hallelujah! :) Caleb's personality is showing more and more. He dances more, laughs more. This kid has a sense of humor. He now points at things he wants or sees. And he's pretty good at swinging on the swing.

Happy Birthday Caleb! Mom and Dad love you so much. Our life is filled with so much joy because of you. We are pretty lucky to be your parents.

0 comments: