On August 22nd I went back to work. I was excited because while I was on maternity leave, I was promoted to Lead. But I knew it would be hard to leave Caleb. The first week wasn’t all that bad because it had been 6 weeks since I had gotten out of the house and did adult things. It felt good to get out and have a routine. But after a while I really started to miss Caleb. He is growing so fast! I have to come home on my lunch to make sure I see him. Because going 8 hours without seeing him is difficult.
I do love my job though. I really wish I could go part time. But a Team Lead needs to be there full time. Hopefully something will come up where I could go part time. I really need to do something, at least part time. Because I can’t be cooped up in the house all the time. And I love the company I work for, I would hate to leave.
I am so grateful for my husband; he has really stepped up since I have gone back to work. I don’t get home until 8 so he makes dinner, picks up the house and takes care of Caleb. The taking care of Caleb part isn’t a chore for him, he loves that! He is happy to have just Daddy and son time. He is such a good dad and Caleb sure loves him.
I am grateful that I do have a job and a promotion at that! It was really something that we needed, and my new position makes it easier for me, being a working mom and all.
Tuesday, September 18, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment