Friday morning Spencer and I flew out to Portland to visit my sister Christina and her family. We got to the gate and handed them our buddy passes. They told us that we actually only had two one way tickets and two transfer tickets. So we wouldn't have a way to get back to Salt Lake. We definitely didn't have time to go get another buddy pass. So we called Kari (who gave us the buddy passes, she mailed us a buddy pass, priority mail, to Christina's house. We got on the plane. (which we shouldn't have, we should have taken a later flight that day..you'll see why)
We arrived in Portland and it was raining of course. :) But we were just happy to be out of Salt Lake! My sister drove us straight to some really cool waterfalls. It was a really pretty drive. I had seen the waterfalls before but Spencer hadn't. It was fun, we had good conversation and saw some beautiful parts of Oregon. We stopped for lunch which was delish! (catfish sandwich) and headed home.
Christina and Jake just bought a new home. They gave us a tour and it was beautiful! Wow, their neighborhood is so pretty. They have a bunch of hidden trails and small parks for the kids to play at. I would love to live there. I also found out that the most comfortable couch in the world is a down feather couch. Holy crap, the minute we sat on their couch I never wanted to leave. I want one. ha ha
My favorite part of visiting Christina is that you know you are going to eat great food. She is all about eating healthy and she eats a lot of organic food. We were there for five days and I definitely felt a difference with my body. Spencer would want a snack and there would be nothing to snack on except fruit and vegetables. So he did, and he liked it ha ha Coming home and going grocery shopping was interesting. We made completely different choices on what we purchased. but it's hard to be super healthy. it's expensive!
Saturday we took a beautiful drive to the beach. It was a bit cold but fun. I was disappointed that we got there during high tide. :( I wanted to show Spencer the really cool tide pools they have. But we will definitely be returning often so he can see it another time.
Sunday we found a church near by and went to sacrament meeting. We also went on a nice walk through the neighborhood. The walk was more of a workout then a just a walk. That neighborhood has so many hills, I though I was in San Fran. But man, it is such a beautiful neighborhood. I love it.
Monday we went out for breakfast at Petite Provenge Pulangerie & Patisserie. Wow. umm talk about delicious food! It is a french bakery/restaurant. The food was absolutely delicious. Everything was made to perfection and pretty healthy too. Best Jam ever! ha ha The pastries looked so yummy. I got to sample one but I had to resist buying some. but it was really hard not to buy 5 or 6. They looked so yummy! Christina used to live just down the street from them and it was one of her favorite places to eat. if you go to Portland, make sure to check it out!
After breakfast we went home, hoping the mail came... and it didn't. No buddy pass! We couldn't believe it! There was no way to go home, unless we wanted to spend over 500 to fly home. Umm no. So we called work and told them the bad news and hoped it would come tuesday. Since we weren't leaving! we helped cleaned their garage and two other rooms. We cleaned it super quick and it looked great. Jakes birthday is Easter Sunday, so we thought that would be a nice present :) Now he can park his car in the garage!
It wasn't so bad staying another night because we got to spend more time with this girl...who is the best dancer ever! ha ha seriously she loves to dance and it's so funny. Christina needs to do some recording and put this girl on youtube. of course my picture doesn't show her true talents. But she is a cutie.
We also took a walk down the Columbia River. Pretty view eh?
Tuesday we got bad news... mail came and once again no buddy pass! freak! We were blessed though, Kris(Karis's flight attendant husband) had to go to Oakland to report to work and there was a flight that went from SL-Portland-Oakland. So Spencer got a security pass and met him at the gate and got a buddy pass! Thanks Kris!! But there wasn't a flight to SL that night so we had to fly home early Wednesday morning and go to work late that day. I'm just glad we got home.
Thanks Christina for letting us come visit! and stay two extra nights! :) We loved our visit. It was so nice to get away and spend time with my sister and her familiy. Love you guys!

1 comments:
Brings back many memories. Yes, you have been to those waterfalls before, yet they are always so much fun. Tide pools! Don't I still owe you a pair of new shoes from those tide pools? I really did enjoy living in the North West, and hope to live there again, soon. glad your trip went well; loved the pictures.
Post a Comment