I flew to Dallas for my interview with southwest on Monday. It went really well. But I honestly had no idea if I was going to get hired. Five other applicants who were sitting next to me were currently working as flight attendants with different airlines. How can I compete with that? I was told I would hear from them within 7 days. Well...wednesday night I was working overtime at my current job with morgan stanley. My phone battery was low but I saw my phone ring and the number was unknown. I immediately thought of southwest. I quickly answered it and it really was Southwest!! Even better, they offered me the job! After the phone call, my phone died! Good timing!
ah! I am going to be a flight attendant! I can not believe it. This is a really hard job to get. They don't hire very often and no one ever leaves southwest. They stay there for like, 45 years. I start training on May 23rd, and I'll graduate on June 17th. I'll have two weeks off and then will start my schedule the first of July. Perfect timing for our one year anniversary!
We're already planning trips to go on. We really want to go on a cruise this december since Southwest employees get discounts. We're just really excited!
oh and I have to share a funny story that happened today. My camera hasn't been turning on, even when we bought new batteries for it. I thought we had to replace the small round battery inside. So I called best buy and they said to bring it in and they can test it to see exactly what's wrong with it. So I asked Spencer if he could take it in when he got off work. BTW the last time I tried turning on my camera was like three weeks ago...and this is the email that Spencer sent me at work...enjoy ;)
so I walked into best buy and told the guy about my camera and how you called and spoke with customer service. So he walked me over to the geek squad area.....
the geek squad people looked at me like I was retarded, told me all they knew how to do was fix computers. I knew that, but their associate told me they could fix it. The geek squad guy proceeded to tell me that all he knew how to do was put batteries in the camera and try to turn it on. I felt so awkward. so the guy put batteries in it and it turned on fine, I looked at your pics, took a few pics, turned on the flash, everything was fine. Ha Ha, he laughed at me. Thanks for subjecting me to public humiation.
:)
Thursday, April 14, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
AAAAHHHHH! I'm so excited for you!!
Post a Comment