Sunday, April 3, 2011

April Conference Weekend


This weekend really has been one of my favorites this year. My cousin Kim and her two kids, Drew and Hannah recently became active in the church. Kim and Drew received their endowments about a month ago. My aunt Pat, Kim and the kids drove to Utah this weekend. They really wanted to go to the Salt Lake Temple while they were here. Thursday my parents, Spencer, and myself went downtown with Drew and Kim to do a session at the Salt Lake Temple. It was one of my favorite temple visits. I can not express the spirit I felt at the temple that day. It was beautiful. I love the temple! I wish we had more time to go than just once or twice a month. It really was a wonderful experience to share with my cousins. They have such strong testimonies. Drew just recently got his call to serve a mission in the San Pablo City, Laguna Philippines mission! I know he is going to be an amazing missionary. He has such a strong testimony of the gospel.

Friday we had a family get together to visit with my Aunt and Cousins. Saturday, Spencer and I made a yummy breakfast and watched the morning session here at our apartment. I cried, like always. Saturday morning was a lot about children and the Savior. It was very inspiring. After the morning session, we drove to Spencer's parents house for the afternoon session.

Spencer's family was having dinner in Ogden where his brother lives. While the boys went to Priesthood, us girls hung out and played with the kids. It was nice to spend time with the women of the Atamanczyk family. But of course, my favorite part was when Spencer returned from Priesthood and shared with me what our leaders taught- and his impressions. It sounded like they had an amazing Priesthood session this year.

Sunday we went to my parents house and watched conference with my cousins. I have really grown closer to them and we hope to plan a trip to Idaho to visit them. It's been so long! Of course Drew is leaving! Hopefully we'll see him before he goes.

I am so unbelievably grateful for the Gospel and what it has given me. I'm also grateful for the Temple, I can't express the joy it brings to my life. It brings Spencer and I so much closer. It makes me so happy to know that I am sealed to my husband for time and all eternity. Spencer, you are the love of my life! I never knew I could feel this way about someone. You are everything to me. I love how my family teases us about how in love we are. I hope they will still be able to tease us 20 years from now.

If you didn't get to hear all the conference talks, you can catch up on them HERE.

0 comments: