Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Southwest


I am currently working at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney. Which isn't my favorite job...but it's been a huge blessing. I am paid pretty well but they hire you on as a temp and you get zero benefits. we were suppose to be hired on in January..yeah right, since Morgan Stanley isn't the greatest at communicating or making fast decisions, we waited forever with out hearing anything about our status. SO annoying. It's not the career I have always wanted. I mean I never really have been interesting in stocks and investing. but it saved our butt. and I know God blessed us with this job right when we needed it.

In February, Spencer's brother in-law found out for the first time in four years Southwest was going to open up a job position for flight attendants to people outside the company. Kris, Spencer's brother in-law loves Southwest and I have heard many good things about their company. First they are like the 2nd best company to work for, according to Forbes. They really treat their employees well. When I found out they were going to be hiring, I couldn't help but feel like I should apply.

Wow, applying was the most difficult thing. The application was only on there for like, four hours. I went on exactly at 11 when it opened and I'm pretty sure the site was going to completely crash because so many people were trying to apply! it took almost an hour to get my application in because the site kept crashing! There were 1200 applicants for 200 positions. But the good news is every one who qualifies gets an interview.

I received a call today to set up my interview! If they like me, they will fly me out to Dallas for my second interview. I really hope I get this job, it be a huge blessing for the pay raise. And I would only work 3-4 days a week. Spencer and I would be able to fly for free!! as well as our parents. I have a sister in Portland, OR and I would just love it if I could see her whenever. And of course, there are families in California, Spencer would love to visit. Spencer and I are young and don't have kids. This will be a great opportunity to travel together and be able to save for a house quicker then we planned. The schedule will be so flexible I will never have to worry about if I work a certain day. I'll always be able to make it to any family event or vacation.

Lets just hope I do well at my interview. :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I'm glad this is moving forward for you! I really hope it goes well for you!