Spencer has gotten a job at Maritz Cx. It is part of a large corporation. They build online surveys and other tools for Ford, Hyundai, Fidelity, Canon, and Ameriprise. The company was recently acquired in January, making the company in Utah explode. They plan to hire 200-300 more people in the next few years. This is what Spencer has to say about his new job: Maritz CX is a actually a whole new world for me. I don't know much about the survey/customer experience industry, I have a PC, which is an adjustment, their tools and processes are unfamiliar, they're all super amazing at Excel, and they all speak in web coding language. I've been trying hard to ask a ton of questions, no matter how dumb I sound haha. Thankfully the people I work with have been awesome! They also have a freakin ton of free food everywhere. They try to emphasize employee happiness, because of this they have a fully stocked break room, dart boards, Foosball, pool arcade games, and we're even going to Lagoon tomorrow as a team building activity haha.
As you can see, Spencer likes his new job. He is pretty spoiled with food and balanced downtime there. We were lucky that he got this job and I felt that everything just fell into place with it. It will be something new to him but software/platform he managed at Bizvision should translate well to Maritz Cx. He does well with challenges so I am excited for him.
Earlier this year he changed his business name to AtaMan Media and has been getting a lot of side business for the evening and weekends. This allows him to still be a part of the video world but do something new and exciting with Bizvision. Plus I don't know if he has ever only had one job. Thankfully this side business is really flexible and he can turn over work to a small company he knows well if he ever finds he doesn't have time for something. Believe it or not, I don't feel like he works so much we never see him. I don't know how he does it! With him starting his new job the beginning of October and with having gotten a lot of side work, we have still gone on quite a few family outings and it has been a very fun October so far.
My beloved Sunfire (my first car ever) was still running strong. it has some small oil links which isn't a problem, because it's so small. the AC needs a turn up. but man, that thing is never going to die. We like to run our cars to the ground but with us wanting to grow our family and me being sick of putting big 'ol Caleb in the back (it's a coupe) I was ready for a new car! We knew we wanted to buy a car we weren't going to replace, but just drive until it dies. That's what we do. So we opted to look for a minivan because we knew we'd have more kids plus it helps when family comes and stays with us. Well I'm proud to say we now own our very own Honda Odyssey. and it's a dream. Caleb LOVES it. Like holy cow, he thinks it's the greatest, coolest more beautiful thing. He was like a wild animal escaped from the zoo when he let him in the van to check it out. ha ha
Spencer and I have been trying for a while to get pregnant. I never thought it was going to be an issue since Caleb definitely came so easily (surprise!) After trying for a while, I was pregnant! We were so excited! Baby would be due December 1st. Unfortunately I had a miscarriage and it was devastating. I wanted another baby so bad and just like that...it's over, done. I was 8 weeks. My coping is different than others but I wanted to know exactly what happened and then to process it I had to try to find the positive. The fetus didn't develop correctly and in addition, I was low on progesterone. My positive? I'm grateful I miscarried when I did. I worked in OBGYN at Sutter for over 3 years and had helped patients who had gone through a much more different loss As well as people dear to me who have suffered a lot worse. That is how I coped. I felt God knew I couldn't have handled a loss if the baby was further along. It was still a loss, but I had to be grateful for something so I didn't fall into a dark place. I was frustrated that we had worked so hard. The tracking of it all gets old fast as well as the waiting. Oh how I hate waiting! To know this had happened and we had to start all over again was discouraging. What if we got pregnant and I would get another miscarriage? I would have to deal with this all over again! But I had to stay positive. My life is not just my life, but I am still a mother, wife, primary chorister and work a full time job. This may sound strange but all those trails that I have witness of others, that I have cried and mourn with. They helped me because I could see them living their life and finding joy and purpose and they suffered a lot more than what I went through, so I would most definitely be ok.
Almost 5 months later, I found out I was pregnant again. I couldn't believe it! I was so nervous at my first appointment. I've never wanted to hear a heartbeat so bad in my life. And there it was! so strong! 168 bpm. Now I am no longer in my 1st trimester and I am happy to say I am still pregnant! The baby is strong, active and a heart rate of 170 bpm.
This pregnancy bring so much joy to our family. in addition it has been interesting. Poor Spencer has had to deal with a sick, tired and emotional pregnant wife but he's a champ. I was VERY sick in the beginning. Beyond tired. I was tired with Caleb but this was something else! oh my gosh. One Saturday I took 3 two hour naps. I couldn't keep my eyes open longer than 2 hours. There were days I would throw up non stop. All day long. Not just the morning or afternoon...all day! This has definitely been a different experience. I am starting to feel better. I still get sick here and there. My energy is starting to come back, thank goodness. Glad to be in the 2nd trimester. it's the best.
Caleb has been adorable with the whole pregnancy. He is so excited to be a big brother. His friend Marley at daycare has a baby sister named Stella. He loves her. He sings to her and likes to get her to smile. He says he also needs a baby sister of his own and he wants his own baby Stella. it's pretty adorable. I had an ultrasound at 8 am, and we brought Caleb because well...it was easier to. I didn't tell him anything before the appointment. We walk in and I laid down. The technician puts the wand on my stomach and the ultrasound appears on the screen. Nothing is said but then Caleb looks at the screen and says, is that inside Mommy's tummy!? Umm why yes it is :) He wanted to know what we were looking at. Spencer said is that the cereal mommy ate for breakfast. He said no. He knew something was up. I could see the heartbeat beating and I looked at him and said Caleb, that is a baby inside Mommy. He was happy about that and thought it was really cool. Ever since he has been over the moon about it. He will sit next to me and put his arm around my stomach and tell me he is protecting the baby. He loves to tell me how my belly is going to get really big because the baby is going to grow and get big and then squeeze out. haha yes, something like that. For ten minutes he just talked about the baby, laid on my stomach and told me how he is going to keep the baby safe and sing to the baby and be a big brother. I couldn't help but tear up. He can be so sweet sometimes. He IS going to be the best big brother this baby could ever have. I'm so excited for him to meet them :)
We were excited to tell the family about the new baby. One day, Caleb wanted his picture taken and I thought hey! Lets film something. so I made a quick video to share with the family. It's pretty cute and their reaction was awesome! Here's the video! Enjoy.

0 comments:
Post a Comment