Sunday, November 1, 2015

October 2015

October was a busy month for us. We packed a lot of activities in every week. We got season passes to Cornbelly's for a great deal. It was my first year there and I can't believe all there is to do. There are still sections that we didn't get to see or do. Every time we went we would find something else fun to do. Caleb LOVED it! Spencer and I wanted to go back there on a date and do some of the haunted sections but unfortunately it never happened. There's always next year. We spent time at Scheels and I learned that I CANNOT do Ferris wheels. Roller Coasters are nothing to me but I hated every minute on that Ferris Wheel.

Spencer's cousin Melissa had her baby boy. Edward Russell Baker. He was one large baby at 9 lbs 12 oz and 22 inches long. We got to go visit them earlier this month and he was adorable. I couldn't get enough of him. He liked me a lot so I of course had to hold him almost the whole time I was there ;) It made me hungry for my baby to get here! There was a moment where Caleb got a little jealous and told me that I needed to hold him, I guess he felt I was holding Edward too much. After giving him some attention though, he got over it and went back to playing. It should be interesting bring a baby home in April and seeing how he will adjust.

Spencer has been doing more freelance work and did the World Religion Conference where he did live streaming. That was really cool for him. There has been times where he was too busy than I would like...but I think that it finally caught up with him because he caught a nasty cold this weekend. I made sure to help him feel better by getting the best medicine, tissues and chicken broth. I felt bad for the guy. Thankfully he was able to still enjoy Halloween.

There were lots of birthday celebrations this month! We had Jada's 5th birthday. Caleb like singing Happy birthday to his cousin. He was happy to watch her open her presents. We got her an Ariel barbie :)

I love that I caught a picture of him and his cousin Trayton watching Jada open her gifts. Trayton had his arm around Caleb. They usually aren't this affectionate with each other.

We also had my Dad's birthday and had a family party to celebrate. It was good to see everyone. The next day we got together with the Atamanczyk family to celebrate Spencer's mom's birthday. While she was opening gifts, she opened a card from Spencer's brother John and his wife. They are pregnant with their second child! Due one month after me. Her first came 4 weeks early so who knows, both babies could be born around the same time!


Halloween week was busy and fun all at once. I had a busy last two weeks at work as did Spencer as he was going through training for his new job. He is learning coding and java script...you know that stuff that everyone will need to know in 10 years. I feel so lost when it comes to that stuff. But we were still able to squeeze in some Cornbelly's, Halloween movies and crafts. My company goes all out for Halloween. My team did Harry Potter as our theme. I dressed up as Hermione Granger. I have to say I was pretty impressed with my costume since I didn't figure out what I was going to wear until that morning. Thanks to my husband who had not one but two Gryffindor color ties. So I had my choice.

Friday Caleb was able to see his Cousins from Las Vegas. It is Hanna's birthday on Sunday so we sang Happy birthday to her and had Ice Cream. I wish they lived closer. He loves playing with Hanna. She is a year and a half older than Caleb and they play really well together. Thankfully he still has some cousins here in Utah that are around his age :)

Saturday was a lot of fun. We got up, did chores, Caleb got a haircut and then we went to Cornbelly's for one last hurrah! There were some awesome costumes and he loved looking at them. We came home and all three of us took a much needed nap. Spencer's parents came over with Cafe Rio (Yum!) and then we went trick or treating. Caleb loved being Buzz Lightyear. It was funny when he ran into someone else who was Buzz. He would run up to them and say Hi! I am Buzz Lightyear too!! He thought it was so cool. Spencer's dad loved giving out Candy while we went around the neighborhood. They don't really get that many, if any, kids in their neighborhood. So he loved it. It was nice for us as well so we could both go with Caleb. Grandpa and Grandma Atamanczyk did take Caleb around a few houses on our street and he enjoyed that.

Afterwards we popped in Hocus Pocus and enjoyed popcorn and candy. It was a fun evening with family. It was fun to see Caleb really get into the holiday. I love how he can understand and really enjoy all the festivities.

Look how cute my little Buzz is! I have to say, Daylight Savings has been amazing. Don't hate. It was always horrible for us. But I went to bed at a decent time to prepare and he woke up at 6:40 AM. He took a nap before Church because it was easier to put him down for a nap because of the time change. He was happy all morning and happy throughout church. He was even happy and super sweet in the evening. I couldn't believe it. Today was a rare one and I soaked up every minute. :)

Hope everyone had a Happy Halloween! We sure did. Now on to Thanksgiving and then Christmas!! I am getting excited!







A few pictures from Cornbelly's


Caleb and Spencer with some Minions






Caleb got a pig nose from the pig races and wore it for 2 days straight.





He loved this slide so much that I didn't think I would ever get him to do anything else. He is in the blue stripe shirt on the rope ladder





0 comments: