Have you heard of PUPPP's? Don't worry, I had never heard of it before either. And I read a ton of books after I found out I was pregnant. I don't remember them ever mentioning PUPPP's. Probably because it affects like, less then 1% of pregnant women. Well, guess what! I have it! And I am going crazy because of it.
In the small percentage that do get it, it happens to women who are having their first baby, a large baby or twins/triplets. Also they have found that 70 percent of the women that get it are having a boy. I know for sure I fit in two of those categories.
So what is it? Well it's basically one big rash. You get these small raised red bumps everywhere that itch so severely you want to rip your skin off. It happens towards the end of your 3rd trimester. Nothing helps! Creams, ointments, oatmeal baths...Nothing. Everything is just temporary relief. An Oatmeal bath didn't do anything. Some ointments help for a short period. But basically I just lay there using all my strength to not scratch my skin, because I know I could easily scratch so hard that I would bleed.
The only thing that cures the rash is having the baby! Once I deliver the baby, the rash will go away. I keep having the same ole contractions every day. And he is still inside. I am getting desperate. I even ate a whole pineapple yesterday because someone said that might help start labor. All it did was give me a slight belly ache. I did get some contractions but I'm always having contractions through out the day.
Please pray I will go into labor soon. Because I'm going crazy. I've had a pretty good pregnancy up until 4 days ago. Hopefully this torture won't go on much longer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment