This year, I really couldn't wait for conference weekend. I needed a weekend of spiritual enlightenment. It's so nice to just have one whole weekend of spiritual uplift. There were really amazing talks this April.
Saturday morning Spencer and I woke up early, cleaned, ate breakfast and accomplished a lot to make sure we could just sit and enjoy conference. There were definitely some great talks. In fact I really enjoyed all of them. We had to leave during the last part of Elder Eyring's talk because I had to help with the Primary Easter egg hunt. I was really sad to leave! But the kids were really fun. I'm really starting to love my calling as a primary teacher. :) It can be challenging but it's really rewarding.
Afterwards we got to see my sister Christina and her family. They live in Portland, Oregon. It's always great to see them. I miss them a ton. After visiting with them we made the drive up to Ogden so Spencer could go to priesthood with his Dad and brothers. Us girls went to ladies night at Deseret Book. Raylene won the Jimmer biography, she isn't much of a fan. So I suggested she give it Spencer. It made a really good birthday gift. Spencer loved it!
Sunday Morning we had the opportunity to go to the morning session at the conference center. I loved it! We realized this is probably our last chance to go for a long time...Since we're having a baby in July. It was lovely. Conference weekend was just what I needed. I always feel rejuvenated afterwards. I feel extremely bless to have the knowledge of the true Gospel in my life. My testimony grows with each day. And the joy it brings into my life is something I hope I never take for granted.
If you weren't able to hear the talks this year. Here they are online. LDS.ORG I know Spencer and I have gone back and listened to the talks we missed and I'm glad we did.
Saturday, April 21, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment