Alright, so this is a little late. But this last month has been pretty busy.
The wedding was over and we headed to our Hotel in the beautiful 1936 Cadillac. Kimberly and Annette, the mom's of the kids I nannied, paid for one night at Hotel Monaco for us! They are so wonderful for doing this. We got at the hotel and it was so nice! I loved it. We arrived in our wedding attire. and the first thing is take off that stinking heaving wedding dress! I was so hot! I'm not even kidding the door was closing to our hotel room and I was already trying to escape that dress!! so I'm standing there in my garments and the door knocks. ummm what the? well I wasn't going to put that dress back on, I just took it off! and all my clothes are in my suitcase so I'm thinking what do I do?! So I find a small blanket that is only big enough for the end of the bed. and wrap it around myself. I answer the door, and it's a hotel worker with some sparkling cider. ha ha Sheesh that was embarrassing answering the door like that. Too bad we didn't leave the reception in normal street clothes....would have been dressed for that hotel worker.
And Then! in the morning we order room service for some yummy breakfast. They told us twenty minutes. but they actually meant five minutes...ha ha because all of a sudden there was a knock on the door. Spencer is sitting on the bed in his garments with my laptop on his lap. and I'm like "freak not again!" So I grab a t shirt pj and put that on. but you can still see like two inches of my garments. I answer the door, sort of hiding myself and the guy is holding our tray of food. I go to take it, but he won't give it to me. Instead he walks right in the room. and continues to walk to the desk to sit it down. Spencer's face was so funny when he saw the guy. I'm like oh my gosh! Spencer is just sitting in his garments. Then the guy stays and starts to chat with us, asked us where we were from, etc. we told him we just got married, it was hard to miss the wedding dress....then he finally left! I was like what the heck! Why would he just stand and talk to Spencer and me when we are not even dress in normal clothes. Well we sure did laugh about the situation.
You may think I'm done with stories about people seeing us in our garments, but oh no I got one more! we were driving to Steam Boat Spring Colorado. We were were going to stay at this nice resort. We're in Colorado on HWY 40 which runs through a bunch of small towns, so the speed limit changes all the time. in a matter of five minutes you will see four signs going from 65, 45, 55, 35,65. It was nuts! well it was like 100 degree's and I have AC but it's not the best, it is not the kind that makes you feel like an icicle after five minutes. So We took our pants off, because we were so freaking hot. Here we are sitting in our garment bottoms, it was way better then jeans. We're driving and see the speed limit go down to 55 and we see another sign coming up ahead of us that says 65. but apparently there was sign between these two that said 45. So a truck turns his sirens on, definitely didn't look like a cop. and we get pulled over!!! and We don't even have pants on!! ha ha it was so funny. but we were a little pissed thinking we might get a ticket. The cops walks up and asked for our info. we asked where we are headed and we tell him steam boat springs for our honeymoon. we tell him that we just got married yesterday. He says, you're on your honeymoon! oh well I'm going to be nice and just give you a warning then...and the cops hands us his business card...Do cops have business cards?? and umm why did we need one? were we supposed to send him a thank you card?? ha ha well He never did mention the fact that we didn't have any pants on. ha ha but it sure was a funny moment :)
We arrived at our resort. Loved it!! They gave us unlimited movies, and we had a nice little apartment to stay in. The town was way cute, and we ate at some yummy restaurants. We went on this beautiful hike to the huge waterfall. We had a lot of fun. and it was super relaxing :) they had like four pools and this really nice covered hot tub. we definitely loved Steam Boat Springs! it's not to far, got there in one tank of gas, and we would recommend it to anyone! we were there from thursday June 24-to Sunday the 27th. We are really grateful for Spencer's brother's and sisters. His sister let us use her time share at the resort and his family helped pay for most of it. we were really lucky :)

1 comments:
Oh man you just made my day, that was so stinkin' hillarious!!!
Post a Comment