Monday, January 23, 2012

Scrabble,Uchtdorf and Once upon a time

I am sad the weekend is over. It was pretty good. Saturday we woke up to some crazy rain and wind. Friday night I barely slept because it sounded as if the wind was going to take down our building! Despite the crappy weather, the day ended up being pretty productive.

I had a burst of energy and cleaned the whole apartment. I mean clean, clean. I even reorganized our filing cabinet. Not even joking. I was pretty amazed how fast I did all this. During all this, I really was supposed to be preparing a lesson. Which the minute I woke up I had put that on my mental to do list. But once I started cleaning, I couldn't stop! All of a sudden, it was 6 o'clock. And that meant that Andy, his wife Cindy and baby were going to be here any minute. I wasn't sure when that lesson was going to get planned now...

Andy and his wife came over. They brought delicious dinner. They are so sweet :) Their baby is so cute, but slept the whole time. Which is what babies do. We ate, and the boys watched the BYU game. Afterwards, we played scrabble. It's somehow our new game. We play all the time. I totally was kicking trash. And then I couldn't get rid of my last letters. K and a D. Spencer put ORE down and ended the game. Which meant he got everyone's letters! Cindy had a Z! so once all the points were added and subtracted, he won by ten points. TEN. I was like over 30 points a head of everyone, until the end. It was a good game!

Andy found Latter Day Night. Which they've never seen. So we decide to watch it. The last two comedians kill me every time. Good 'ol Mormon comedy. :)

We really enjoyed having them over. It was a lot of fun. But at 11:00 I quickly read over Elder Uchtdorf's talk 'You Matter to Him' which was one of my favorite talks during conference. I made some notes and went to bed.

Sunday morning comes at 8 am and I can't print the talk! But Jessica in our presidency saves the day and brings a copy for me. Surprisingly it went well! I loved all the comments that people gave. Sometimes, you have to worry a little in my ward with uncomfortable comments...but Sunday went really well! It was an amazing talk and honestly Elder Uchtdorf did all the work. So it wasn't all that hard for me. :) I enjoyed giving the lesson.

After church we headed to my parents, had lunch, took a nap, and cut Spencer's hair. Which I wasn't thinking and used a 4 attachment instead of a 7 or an 8. My bad. once you start you can't go back! It looks pretty good, except it's just a little shorter then normal. Spencer blames it on the pregnancy ha ha. I'm okay with that.

We go to his parent's for dinner. It was delicious. and of course we watched Once upon a Time. Which me and Kari are the only ones who are really into. I don't know why I like it so much. But it was a good episode. :)

It was a very enjoyable weekend. I'm sad that it's over but I don't mind work all that much, which is nice. On to another week!

P.S I'm hoping to find out the sex of the baby on February 9th. No guarantees, but I'll be crossing my fingers.

1 comments:

The A Family said...

Yeah I can't wait to see if the chinese gender calendar is correct! ;) You need to come see us after you find out so I can figure out what stsuff to give you. =)