Sunday, December 18, 2011

Surprises

One thing that Spencer and I have learned is that life, no matter how much you plan, has lots of surprises. We are planners. We make lots of plans. Talk about what our goals are. And then God seems to have completely different ideas. It kind of makes us laugh at how true this really is.

Our faith has grown so strong. Because every couple of months our life is going in a completely different direction then what we had planned. We have really had to put our faith in God and trust that, even though we have no idea what this new direction is taking us, it'll all work out.

I could list the many, many things that we planned...where God changed those plans. But the biggest one that has recently entered our lives is that God decided it was time for us to have a baby. :) And that being a flight attendant wasn't for me. Which now that I look back, I'm so glad I'm not a flight attendant any more. It would have been so hard traveling so much in the first trimester. Not to mention I wouldn't be eligible for maternity benefits until after the baby was born. So who knows what I would have done when I hit the 32 weeks and didn't have maternity leave. (since you can't fly) God knows best. And I'm glad that we have the trust and faith in him.


We are really excited for this baby. Scared, but excited. When I saw it's tiny arms and legs and heard it's 182 bpm heart beat. I couldn't believe it was real. We are filled with joy that we get to be parents. And of course we will have to continue to trust in the lord that every thing will work out for the best. Which it always does :)

I always thought that I would plan my pregnancy. This sure was a surprise to us. But every week that goes by, the more grateful I am. I'm so excited to be a mom!

Now I work for Sutter. I schedule appointments and register patients for a group of OBGYN's. I really enjoy my job and the benefits are going to be really great for us now that we are expecting :)

Christmas is definitely a special one this year. I'm so grateful for everything I have and the wonderful husband I get to experience this all with.

1 comments:

The A Family said...

We feel the exact same way, life never turns out how you plan! Congratulations!!