Being a flight attendant is the best job I have ever had! I love my job! Seriously, none of my other jobs compare. The first month was pretty hard. I had good trips, but being based in Baltimore was difficult. The commute was horrid! The flights were always full and I was always trying to be the first to get the 4th flight attendant jumpseat. The Jumpseat is first come first serve for employees. Unfortunately a 4 hour flight on the 4th jumpseat is extremely uncomfortable. Simply put, the commute was more work then the actual job. I was also gone a lot because I had 6 three day trips, which is abnormal. That's what happens when you are the youngest coming out of training. BUT I saw really cool cities, I went all over the midwest, south, and the east coast. I saw cities I probably won't ever visit again since I'm now based on the west coast. I really liked the base in Baltimore, so there were still positives.
This month has been really good. I'm now based in Oakland, CA. EASY commute. LOVE it! I only have 4 three day trips. So I'm gone 3 days and home 4 days. I was able to trade this past weekend trip for a monday, tuesday, wednesday trip. So last weekend Spencer and I went camping at Soapstone. (I'll post more about that) it was so much fun.
Sometimes being gone can be hard, but I appreciate being home so much more. I love home, I love being with Spencer. I come home and it's the best 4 days. We make sure we really enjoy our time together. We don't take it for granted. I feel closer than ever to Spencer.
We are really blessed. September's schedule will be awesome! I get to go camping with the fam for labor day weekend. Also I only work one weekend and I'll be home for a stretch of 10 and then 8 days at a time. Each month my schedule just keeps getting better!
I've seen a lot of amazing things, I seriously need to remember my camera more so I can post pictures of all the places I've seen. I'll work on that.
I do have one, here is the view from my room that I stayed at in Tampa

0 comments:
Post a Comment