Friday, June 3, 2011

Inflight Training

Sam and I at the Mayfest party they held in the hanger


Well, it's been two weeks since I landed in Dallas Texas and started training to become a flight attendant. Let me tell you, I had no idea what training was going to be like. I thought I did. I was wrong. Southwest is seriously the most amazing company with the best people. I am not even exaggerating. That being said, the first week of training was surprisingly hard. Really hard! I wake up at 5:25 am and get back to my hotel around 6:30 pm. We have a test every day. so we come straight from training and just study, all evening long! The amount of information to learn that first week is so much! but I'm happy to say I have aced every test so far. (knock on wood)

I experienced my first tornado while I was here! We went outside to go to Walmart. and it was pretty stormy outside. but I really needed food. I heard this siren and I just thought it was a loud fire truck or something. I wasn't really sure. The girl with us lives in Texas and she stops and says oh my gosh! Thats a tornado siren. We need to take cover now! I'm like what?! do you mean like take cover because there might be a tornado or take cover because there is a tornado on the ground. Umm yeah, it means theres a tornado on the ground. Holy freak! We ran, the doors were all locked. finally we found one and every one was evacuating to the middle ballroom with no windows. It was crazy! I was definitely grateful to live in Utah because the thought of a tornado is scary. The tornado moved on and we were okay. There were one or two people who were in my class, who had to leave because they lived near by and were affected by the tornado.the sad part...I didn't get to buy food! No dinner for Brittany...Good think I had some snacks left. ha ha

This week, the second week. Went by super fast. it wasn't as stressful. But I found out that I am based in Baltimore! Wow, that is a long commute. I wasn't too excited about that because that means I won't be home much. But I will most likely get transferred to Oakland after my first month. There has already been two people who were based in Oakland, in my class, that went home. So, that'll make it even more likely I'll get Oakland. :) July will be a tough month for sure. But I really doubt I'll be in Baltimore longer then a month. At least I'll be able to see some cool sites while I'm there.

I have a really cool roommate! Her name is Sam and she's from California, east bay area. Yep, she's pretty awesome. I'm so happy I got someone I get along with. I really hope we are both based in Oakland together! She is currently based in Chicago.

Sitting on the engine of the Bowing 737



I really miss my husband and home. It's been hard. but I am still having fun. I love my classmates.

The missionaries came tonight to give me a blessing, I started to feel really sick...just like everyone else in my class. I think it's because people have been finding mold everywhere at our current hotel. and our room smells of mold. but we are moving tomorrow morning to Hilton Garden! which is a whole lot nicer. woot! But I can't express how grateful I am for those missionaries. It's hard not having the priesthood near me. Yea for missionaries! One of them was from South Jordan. I think he was pretty fresh :)

well I'm off to bed. I will update soon :)


After a long day of class we were rewarded with meeting Herb Kelleher! The Founder of Southwest! He is such a nice guy! and really funny :

0 comments: