Sunday, December 12, 2010

December!


I love this time of year. Yes, I greatly dislike snow...BUT I really love the holidays :) This week has been a lot of fun. On Monday, Spencer and I went downtown. We got hot chocolate and then walked temple square to see all the amazing lights! We also went in and looked at both visitor centers. I haven't been in them for so long. They really have changed! We went and looked at the model of the Salt Lake Temple. Wow! it is so amazing! The detail of each room was amazing. It looked exactly like the inside. It was so fun to go downtown and get in the Christmas Spirit. Afterwards we went to the 'Christmas Utah' house in Murray. Man, I can't imagine how long it must take for that family to put together their light show. They even have talking trees ha ha. it was pretty cool. I really enjoyed it! I don't even want to know what their electricity bill is during the holidays...If you are interested in seeing this amazing house yourself go to christmasutah.com :)

Then on Thursday, after Spencer got home from school. He took me to do something that is a Atamanczyk tradition. We went over to Winder Dairy for their 99 cent freshly made scones :) yum!! Spencer's family would go to Winder Dairy for scones and then to see Santa every year. I didn't even know Winder Dairy had a store on site! Afterwards we went to "twas the night before Christmas" Street. It was so cute! There is an entire street where all the neighbors have gotten together and decorated their house. Each house has this big sign with a painting and part of the story written on the sign. So as you drive through the street you get to read the story and see the lights and decorations the neighbors have done. I loved it! I can't believe I never even heard of this street. Very creative.


Friday, after work, Spencer and I went with our friend Dan and saw Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. Although they added two major things in the movie that was not in the book. It was still good. I did feel a little bored at one point in the movie. But I loved the end! I cried...but I cry at a lot of things. Afterwards we ate Cafe Rio and played Monopoly. It was a really good evening.

Saturday, Spencer woke up at 5 am and went to work some extra hours at the distribution center. I went over to Spencer's cousin Melissa's house at 8 am so I could cook enough meals for the whole month! Crazy I know, but Melissa has been doing it for a whole year and she loves it. Now I have a bunch of yummy dinners all ready made in my freezer. I just thaw and heat. It took a little over 5 hours! I was pretty tired afterwards. Next time I am going to make sure I get a decent good night sleep before hand!

After the cooking, we took Spencer shopping. He got three shirts, pair of pants and shoes :) He's looking good. Spencer really needed some new clothes. So it was nice that we won some money at the Mcdougal Christmas party so he could go shopping! Thanks Mcdougal :)

Saturday was a long day. We came home after shopping and just relaxed. Spencer watched the Jazz game and I watched some Project Runway :) afterwards we tried to watch Elf but ten minutes into it we fell asleep...

Oh AND Friday while I was at work, a Kindle arrived in the mail! :) and I love it! yes I opened it and yes I'm using it. There was no way I was going to wait until Christmas! ha ha.

We only have 13 days left!! I'm so excited for Christmas! Already this year has been by far my favorite Christmas!

Here are the rest of the pictures we took.




This is the house in Murray. Christmas Utah :)


2 comments:

Unknown said...

It's sounds like you guys are having so much fun. It's great how you can find such fun things to do or ways to spend some time together without spending a lot of money. You didn't tell us about the money you won at McDougals. I'd like to hear about it.

Unknown said...

Oh, I love your wall paper!