
I came home Wednesday after work and there was a 21 pound turkey on our doorstep! At first I thought Brandon and Ashley gave it to us (our nieghbors) But come to find out, Spencer Mcdougal gave both of us turkeys for Thanksgiving! I was really grateful, but what in the world am I going to do with a turkey! I barely got it to fit in our freezer! I guess we'll cook it and freeze the meat. We'll be eating a lot of turkey this next month! That's a lot of meat for two people. Spencer thanked Spencer Mcdougal and joked that we'll have to watch some YouTube videos on how to cook a turkey. Spencer Mcdougal was so shocked that we had never cooked a turkey....I have a feeling Spencer Mcdougal doesn't realize that we are only 22 years old....I'm pretty sure my mom will be doing Thanksgiving dinner until she gets too old to cook! Why would I need to cook a turkey? ha ha it was pretty funny. It'll be an interesting experience cooking this turkey!
Thursday, Spencer and I slept in (8:30 is sleeping in to us now) and it felt great! we relaxed and enjoyed our morning. Then Spencer went out and played basketball with his brothers Joel, Daniel and his brother in-law Kris. They usually play football, but it looked more like Christmas then Thanksgiving outside. So basketball it was. Spencer loved it! He came over to my mom's house afterwards and was all pumped up from his game. I guess he played really well :) He won most of the games. I think he loves the fact that he is the youngest but now that he is older, has a fighting chance to beat his brothers. He played pretty hard. He wanted a nap before the food was even ready to eat!
We had yummy food at my parents, and had a lot of fun. It was great to spend time with them. I'm glad my brother Brian was there. He had been in Washington for a few months. Unfortunately Christina and her family wasn't able to make it. I missed them, but hopefully they will be able to come down next year.
After my parents, we went over to Spencer's parents house for dessert. Hanna, the newest edition to the family, is so stinkin cute! She is so tiny. I just love her. I love it when people have babies, then you just get to hold them and love them, put don't have to take them home. :)
After playing some games, we said goodbye. We loved spending time with our families. but man we were excited to get home to our quite apartment and just relax. ha ha it had been a long, fun day. We ended up cuddling and watching a movie. :)

2 comments:
Cooking a turkey is easy, don't fret. Trav and I do one every year because you can get them for like 40 cents a pound during thanksgiving - you can't beat that price on meat. After we cook it we take all the meat off the bones and freeze it in baggies. We use it for sandwiches and in place of chicken in casseroles. We've used the videos on this page, http://www.foodnetwork.com/thanksgiving-2010-turkey/video/index.html for two years, and the turkey comes out juicy and wonderful every time. Gook Luck!
We used to always cook a turkey the day AFTER Thanksgiving because MY Mom cooked the turkey then, and we missed not having the yummy smell in our house and leftovers. Be sure to get some of the recipes from me using turkey. Hey, Spencer, you can always grind up the leftover turkey meat, shape it into turkey patties, freeze them, then presto.... instant turkey burgers! :)
Post a Comment