Sunday, November 21, 2010

Oh the joys of winter.

Well it's cold outside. That means it is time for everyone to get sick! Spencer got sick, both our neighbors got sick. Tons of people at my work got sick. And now I'm sick! I finally went to the doctor Saturday and got some antibiotics. I've been so miserable this weekend. But if you know me, I don't let being sick stop me from doing things I really care about. ie Harry Potter!

Spencer and I had planned to see it Saturday, since we are going to be on call a lot the next couple of week. this weekend would be our only chance for a while. But then I came home Friday way sick. After going to the doctors Saturday, I told Spencer I didn't care how sick I was, I really wanted to still go see Harry Potter. So we went! and only paid 8 bucks for both Spencer and I. :) I really enjoyed the movie! I'm glad we went.

Besides Harry Potter, Spencer and I stayed in all weekend. We watched movies, ate soup, drank apple cider and played games. I even made Spencer play Guess Who with me :) It took some talking into, but he definitely enjoyed himself. Probably because he beat me 3 - 5!

Spencer was really great to me. He did laundry, washed the dishes, and made me soup. He made sure I was taken good care of. And he spent the whole time keeping me company :) Thanks babe!

Today we slept in. It took a while for us to get out of bed. We couldn't believe how much snow fell! My mom called me and told me more then 19,000 people were without power! My mom was no exception. Why is it that the first snow fall for the year is so hard for Utahn's? It snows every year yet every year the first snow brings hundreds of fender benders and power outages. The funny part is, we've had our power randomly go out like four times since moving into this apartment. However, one a huge snow storm comes rolling in, our power is fine! So church was cancelled but I was sick...so i was planning to stay home anyway. Once we finally got up, we had hot oatmeal (the real stuff, not the instant kind) and hot chocolate :) Yum!

Even though I have been sick all weekend, it wasn't so bad. My husband helped with that. :) My parents were also nice, my dad brought over a movie for us to watch. and then later brought home made soup for us to eat for dinner! My parents rock.

I guess if I would have to pick a weekend to be sick, it would be the weekend it snows like 10 inches!

0 comments: