
Two weeks ago we had General Conference. Which has to be one of my favorite times of the year. Fall is here, the leaves are changing... and we get the opportunity to strengthen our testimonies by hearing from our Prophet and his Apostles. My parents did their annual trip where they go down to Midway/Heber to listen to conference. I usually go with them, but I'm married and Spencer had a wedding to do Saturday. Since my parents were gone, and our TV doesn't work... because we just haven't gotten around to buying an antenna...we went to my parents house for conference. :) It ended up being a great weekend! We went to a breakfast buffet with the families of the Bride and Groom. Yum! Afterwards we listened to most of conference,then we ended up going to a funeral. I know, sad. BUT it was for a really amazing man. And it was really nice to hear about him and the great character that he was. :) it was a really nice service.
After the service, we went back to my parents house, listened to some more conference. which we loved. there were some really great talks. but we couldn't finish the afternoon session because we had to head to Fort Douglas for the wedding. It was really pretty. The couple is really into biking. The decor was fall + bikes! sounds odd. but it was so cute.
After the wedding, Spencer was able to catch the last hour of priesthood. We then lounge at my parents house, eating their food and watching Big Bang Theory season 3 on their nice TV. it was pretty sweet :) We spent the night, woke up in the morning, and had yet another yummy breakfast! Then we watched the morning session and the special afterwards about the temple in Kiev. oh man I cried the whole time. I don't know what was wrong with me! I couldn't stop crying! ha ha. it was just such a wonderful story. I am so happy for the people of Ukraine.
We went to Spencer's parents house to watch the second session. Which was really nice. All in all it was a wonderful weekend! I love conference!

0 comments:
Post a Comment