Sunday, September 19, 2010

Wendover


Saturday I had the amazing opportunity to see Spencer's documentary. Since January, Spencer and a crew of 6 have been working on this documentary. He has spent A LOT of time researching, shooting, editing, and locating old photographs. There were nights he didn't come home until midnight. He really put his heart and soul in this documentary. And now it's finally finished!

We arrived in Wendover, checked into our hotel. Then we met up with Spencer's family and my friend Lindsey and Tijs at Montego Bay for dinner before the documentary. We really enjoyed spending some time with everyone at dinner. It was so good to see Lindsey and Tijs. They are really great to come and support Spencer. :)

We headed over to the City Hall, where it was being held. The room filled up with the residents of Wendover. I was so excited to finally see it! Spencer was very excited and nervous. He really wanted the residents of Wendover to love the movie.

I am honestly impressed with what I saw! They did such a good job! There was a Q&A afterwards. The residents really loved the movie. In fact they gave them a standing ovation! I am really proud of him. Spencer was so happy up there, seeing everyone standing, applauding his hard work. This was definitely a highlight of his life.

Afterwards we mingled and then watched Lindsey play Roulette. Since Spencer and I weren't going to gamble we said goodnight and went back to our hotel to relax. It had been a stressful week for Spencer, this was a nice little vacation for both of us. I'm grateful for the U, they were nice enough to pay for our hotel room. :)

The next morning, we slept in, had free breakfast, and then headed home. I'm so excited for the documentary to be on TV! We hope to have a big get together to watch it. :) Spencer is one talented, smart guy. and I love him dearly. Congratulation on this amazing accomplishment!!

TUNE IN NOVEMBER 7TH (SUNDAY) ON KUED CHANNEL 7 @ 4:00 PM for Wendover: Out on the Edge :)


Spencer and Professor Robert Avery

1 comments:

Unknown said...

We are all so very proud of you, Spencer! I can't wait to watch the film. BTW... you two make a cute couple.