Monday, October 18, 2010

Fall Break


This last week was Fall Break for Spencer. He really needed a break, although I don't think it was long enough for him. ;) He's pretty dang ready to graduate.

We really enjoyed ourselves. Spencer had all Monday and Wednesday off from school, so he was able to get a long list of things done that he hasn't had time to do. Which knowing Spencer, this really made him happy. He loves being able to check things off his list. Be productive! is his motto.

On Thursday we went to Lagoon! We got discount passes for 20 a person. Which is a way good deal! We had so much fun, the roller coaster lines weren't that long since everyone was in line for the haunted houses. It was pretty awesome. The best part was when Spencer and I went on the Sky Coaster!! I was dang nervous. The whole way up I was freaking out. You slowly ascend up until you reach 150 feet. I made sure Spencer was in charge of pulling the cord that made us drop. There was no way I'd be able to do it. As we reached the top, I exclaimed to Spencer that I no longer wanted to ride this psycho ride. Then just like that, he pulled the cord! We dropped 150 feet! and no sound came out of me. I wanted to scream but couldn't since my stomach was in my throat. I was pretty much falling to my death. All of the sudden we started swinging forward and flew across the park! I stuck my arms out and it felt as though I was flying! best feeling ever. I loved it! you have 3 seconds where you think you might die and then 5 minutes of awesomeness ha ha. I'm glad Spencer talked me into doing it. it was great!

So Lagoon was awesome. Then Friday Spencer did bridals up Millcreek Canyon. It was beauitful! I loved the fall colors. It's fun helping Spencer with his photography. I'm getting better with the reflector :)

Saturday was the best. We went to a morning session at the Jordan River Temple. A ton of people from my parents ward were there! it was really nice to see them and say Hi. Plus I loved being able to pray in the celestial room with my husband. it's hard to leave the Temple. it's such a wonderful place.

After the temple we went out for lunch. Since it's fall break, we decided Spencer deserved to be spoiled, so we went to Simply Sushi and ate a ton of sushi! ten plates!! Yum! it was so delicious. seriously the best. our cook was awesome. he was even making things not found on the menu. we were so full afterwards! We definitely got our money's worth.

After lunch we took a nap and then headed to Manti for a wedding shoot. Wow, I have forgotten how beautiful the Manti Temple is! Spencer was in heaven. All the trees were changing, the sun was perfect! I really wanted to go inside but it's closed for renovation. :( We stayed pretty late. after the couple left Spencer was still taking pictures!





After we got home, we cuddled on the couch and watched our new favorite movie. How to Train Your Dragon! love it.

Fall break was awesome. and we are really sad it's over. I'm just glad we got to spend so much time with each other since school and work take up so much of our time.

Sorry I don't have many pictures! I forgot my camera on most of these events! I will work on that.

2 comments:

Sharlene and Matt said...

You guys are so cute! I also love that movie! Where did you get the discount tickets for Lagoon? We wanna go this weekend.

Britt + Spencer said...

Thanks! I got it through my work. but you can look for them on KSL!