Friday, June 4, 2010

19 more days!

I can't believe the wedding is almost here!! One thing that I have learned is planning a wedding isn't really all that hard. I'm great at knowing what I want and making quick decisions. So far the only real stressful parts I have had are; I couldn't find shoes that were cute, in my size and didn't cost $150! I had two weeks to find shoes before my fitting. Which is important because they need to know where to hem the dress. well the day of my fitting I ended up just going to Fantasy Bridal and trying on every shoe they had, since I had no luck finding anything that would work before my fitting. Finally I found some flats that were comfortable, and in my size! Who knew 6.5 would be so difficult to find! Plus they were on sale! So I got them for dirt cheap. I wanted high heels but the more I thought about it. I am getting married at 9:40 am...that's a long day in high heels. So I ended up being okay with flats. The second thing was the invitation. I found one that was cute and simple online. Found out that I could make the same on using Photoshop. Since the company used Photoshop to make it! The border around our photo is the exact same I saw on the invite online. its Literally the same invite just different colors. The Difference...it was a total cost of $140 instead of $600. That's a big saving right there! The downside...I knew nothing about photoshop. But it only took a couple of hours to figure it out. and then going back and fixing things here and there. but man the few things I needed to fix...frustrated me to no end. I hate computers! well only when they don't work how I want them to. I don't think Spencer had ever seen me so frustrated. but in the end I finished it. and I think all the frustration was worth the 400+ savings.

So far that's it. Those two things are the only things that have actually brought stress to my life. ha ha BUT forget the wedding. it's everything you have to do for life after the wedding! Finding a job that can support a married couple. Figuring out Car insurance, cell phone plans, find a apartment, finding furniture to fill the apartment, combining bank accounts, marriage license, sitting down and coming up with a budget and a financial plan..etc Basically taking two single adult lives and combining them into one family marriage life. I never actually thought about all the things you have to do to prepare for when you come back from the honeymoon. And I am going to have to literally pack up my whole room and put it in the attic...it just feels so weird to me. I'll probably have like two boxes that I'll actually take to the apartment...it's been an interesting experience. I'm just glad I am doing it with Spencer. He makes it easier :)

I'm just excited for all of the planning to be done with and to actually be married! Hopefully we will do a good job planning, so that life after the honeymoon isn't too stressful.


ah! I am getting so excited. My life is changing forever. and I get to experience it all with the love of my life. I feel very blessed. :)

0 comments: