Spencer proposed to me on March 9th 2010. Before this happened, we had definitely talked about marriage. In fact February 21st is when we honestly talked and decided that we both felt that we truly wanted to marry each other. I knew that I wanted to get married in the Salt lake Temple. And if we were going to get married, we would want to get married in June. So I hurried and called the Salt Lake Temple the following day hoping it wasn't all booked for the month of June. The weekends were pretty much booked, only late afternoon was opened. But June 23rd was completely opened! So I booked it! ha ha Spencer hadn't even proposed but there was no way I wasn't going to get married in a different temple. I told Spencer about the SL Temple and he agreed it was smart to book it.
So of course I knew he would be proposing soon. it was just a matter of when. He had an idea of the style of engagement rings I liked. I told him that I trusted him to choose one by himself. I wanted it to be from him, I didn't want to go and pick it out myself.
After a week I was getting pretty anxious. I was ready for him to propose already! I figured that when he did propose he would lie to me about our activity for the evening. Since that was sort of his trend when it came to surprises. A week before he actually proposed, I was expecting it almost every night. One night we planned to go and visit a college friend of Spencer's, his wife and kids. He told me to dress nice, so I totally thought that he was going to propose...thinking it was all a lie. Well I was a bit disappointed because I was pretty sure that he was going to that evening.
Well March 9th came, and we had planned a week or so before to go see the Joseph Smith Movie at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. I got ready, and told myself if tonight is the night we won't be seeing the Joseph Smith Movie. Thinking it was just a ploy. ....We saw the movie. yet again I was a little bummed. I thought another night was going to past with no proposal. We went to go look at the view on the top of the building. we got to the 10th floor and were just sitting on a bench looking out the window. It felt very typical. He was sharing some stories with me, I expected nothing. Then he says "stay here, I have a present for you". I'm thinking umm, present? we are at the top of the JS Memorial Building. What's the present, a cake? (since there are two restaurants on the 10th floor).
He walks over the the hostess podium that's in front of The Garden. The Lady opens a door in the podium and hands him a white box. He comes back and gives it to me. I open it up and inside was a quad scripture set. and engraved on it is Brittany Lee Atamanczyk! He precedes to read a beautiful poem that he wrote about his love for me. I loved it! By now I know what is happening. I start to tear up a bit. When He finished the poem he pulls out a little pouch that has the ring. and gets on one knee. By now I see tears in his eyes. and I can't even look at him, afraid I'll start bawling! I cover my eyes with my hands. And he says. "Lets make our vision a reality...Brittany lee Garrison, Will you marry me?" I look him in the eyes and tell him yes! Yes! a hundred times yes! as this was happening he slipped the ring on my finger. I didn't look at it. I just looked at him and then hugged him for a long time. After a while I was like, hey the ring! Wow he did a wonderful job at picking out a beautiful ring! He spoils me.
We went back to his car. and as we were getting closer I saw a really cool restored vintage car parked in front of his car. I pointed it out to Spencer saying how cool it was! I loved those type of cars. He says "yeah? you like it?" and right then the driver gets out of the car and opens the passenger door. Spencer says " This is Alex, he is going to be our driver for the evening" I couldn't believe it! I kept saying Spencer Atamanczyk!! You didn't?! We get in and wow! it is so beautiful. It was a 1936 White Cadillac. With red velvet interior. I was very impressed. Spencer opens up the compartment in front of our seat. And inside is champagne glasses with Sparkling Cider for us to drink. it had a really cool system in it. so he hooked up his Ipod and played music. We drove around downtown in style that night. I called my girlfriends to tell them the good news. He told me that my parents knew all about it, and they were waiting for us at their house. So in the Cadillac we headed to my parents house. On the way there he told me how he had asked my dad for my hand in marriage! I had no idea. ha ha.
We pulled up to my house and celebrated with my parents our engagement. We did a toast and showed them the awesome car. then got back in and drove to Spencer's place where his roommates and Frat Buddies were there waiting for us. We pulled up and they came down the drive way to welcome us with congratulations! It was a really fun night. And I will never forget it! Thanks to Spencer <3

0 comments:
Post a Comment