Sunday, March 28, 2010

Our Story


This is my first try at a blog. It should be an interesting experience. but I think it's a great way to stay connected with family and friends. :) For those of you who are wondering how this happened, I thought I would share with you how Spencer and I met.

Spencer and I met in the 50th Ward of the University 7th stake. I had gone to a mingle and sat down across from Spencer, who I had never met. First thing I said to him was how disgusting the curry was. I honestly couldn't choke it down and was greatly disappointed. He joke with me and flirted a bit with me. Then he watched his friend Dan walk up to me and ask me out for Friday. Later Dan asked Spencer if he would double with him since he was nervous, it had been a while since his last date. Spencer agreed to double and took a girl named Shannon.

We met each other in a parking lot close to the trail we were going to hike. I enjoyed Dan's company but Spencer was pretty entertaining...I was constantly laughing. I really didn't mean to, but sometimes I was having more conversations with Spencer then I was with Dan! I just instantly found Spencer to be a lot of fun.

We ended the date at Nicklecade, after enjoying some yummy sushi. I really did enjoy my date with Dan. But I could tell he wasn't exactly my type. And Dan felt the same way.

About three weeks or so Spencer asked me out. Our first date was November 4th 2009. and from there we hit it off. He instantly became my best friend. We saw each other almost every day. We sure had a lot of fun with each other! We felt comfortable with each other. We would talk for hours...about topics of the Gospel, His mission, and our lives. Anything and everything really. We just couldn't ever stop talking!! ha ha I loved our conversations. It was hard to eventually stop and end the night.

We took things slow. I really just wanted to get to know Spencer. I wanted us to have a really good friendship. So we saw each other almost every day and we went out and did a lot of fun things together as well. I quickly learned to have a lot of love and respect for this person who had suddenly entered into my life. I feel very blessed, I feel the Lord knew exactly when I needed him. He came at the perfect moment in my life. I couldn't be happier! January 27th we had the "DTR" and realized our feelings for each other were pretty serious. And started talking more seriously about the future. I was so surprised at how fast everything was happening, but I also knew that it was right. It felt right. There are no doubts in my mind that this is the man I am going to happily spend the rest of my life with.

0 comments: