Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Happy Easter!

Brittany chose this Bunny. She thinks it's cute



I chose this one. ha




This past weekend was definitely an interesting one, I think Brittany and I both stepped out of our comfort zones....just a little.
I was totally stoked for this weekend, Brittany invited me to spend all of Easter day with her family. I need to get to know her family better, so this was a nice opportunity. Plus, we had an Easter bonus....conference!!!
I really enjoy doing spiritual stuff with Brittany, so I was happy to enjoy the inspiring talks along side my wife to be.
Brittany got to take a step out of her comfort zone on Saturday night. I love spending time with this girl, and as a result I asked her to come out to no man's land with me so that I wouldn't be stuck in the car with only my family. We squeezed in my parents grandma car (impala). All six of us. Brittany was asked to sit in between my parents, in the front seat. She wasn't too excited about that idea. Joel saved the day and took the bullet. He offered to sit in the middle. It was pretty hilarious because Joel has very broad shoulders, my parents were pressed up against the window. My dad basically drove with his left arm.
I don't think we thought this through. You see, I really wanted to see Brittany, which is why she came to Tooele. But the minute we got there, us guys meandered over to the church for Priesthood session. Brittany spent the evening at the house with Katherine, who she's met twice, my nutty mom, and my aunt who she had never previously met for 3 1/2 hours. No Spencer :(

Later that night, after returning back to the mothership (Salt Lake City) I was changing out of church clothes in my room, I noticed an envelop in between my nightstand and my bed. It said on the front "Spencer & Brittany" on the back it read "Don't open till Easter!"
I took this envelop upstairs and waved it in front of Brittany's eyes. My mom and brother Daniel were also in the room... but weren't paying much attention.
Of course, instant gratification Brittany quickly exclaims "It's close enough!"
So we opened the envelop and i read this greeting card from my sister out loud. She said happy Easter from Kari, Kris, Kara, Ella, and the little bean inside of me due shortly after Halloween.
Brittany let out a small shriek, alarming my mom. Oh shiz, we let the cat out of the bag. Why couldn't we have just waited till Easter? What kind of we must have it now society are we becoming? haha
So Brittany and I ruined my sister's big Easter announcement.


My step out of the comfort zone came through spending 12 hours with her family. It started out great, well of course it did. My woman made me homemade buttermilk blueberry pancakes. they were so gooooooood, I almost dropped dead from gorging myself. Conference was way good, I like watching Brittany's niece Sydney run around the room. i kinda wish I was 3 years old again.
the night concluded with a fabulous meal at Brittany's brother David's house and the notorious dice game.....(drum roll) 1500, ya not that great, but they love it.

Anyway, I hope everyone had a great Easter, and please remember something from conference...at least one thing.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The bunnies gave me a chuckle..thanks, needed one.

Unknown said...

HEY! if your mom is nutty, she must get it from having kids like YOU! BTW, we love having Brittany at our house and would love to take her everywhere we go :) And the bunnies are funny!

The A Family said...

Sorry we were so boring, but I had to take care of the kids!!!