Saturday, March 7, 2015

Updates from 2013 :)

9/22/13

I made notes on what to write about because I was so busy I couldn't write a full post. well...a year and half later....My life has been busy to say the least. but I would like to try blogging again. here is the list I had. Let's see what I remember.


1. Labor day camping 2013:

Caleb's first real camping experience. He slept well during the day in a tent we set up with his play pen inside. but at night was it rough....it was really cold so we slept in my parent's trailer. to be in the same room as mommy and not be sleeping next to her was difficult for Caleb.... So I had to try and sleep with him and that meant I didn't sleep well. it wasn't terrible, but it wasn't ideal either. We made it work. We got a nice spot that was away from the road. David and his family came. They had a nice tall canvas tent. Caleb enjoyed exploring and playing in the dirt. We had a nice family hike on the trail next to our campsite. This trip just had my parent's, my family and my brother's family as my other siblings couldn't come. It was fun to play games and spend time with everyone. We of course ate great as usually with a big breakfast and dutch oven dinner. Unfortunately David ended up leaving early because Trayton wasn't doing very well and was crying pretty badly. They thought he might be sick so they left and took him to the doctors. Overall it was a good fun experience





Oh my gosh! Look at my baby!! I miss him being so little..






2. Okterburfest 2013:

I was able to go to Okterburfest with my Mother and sister in-laws. It was a lot of fun. We ate good food and was able to take the tram up for free to the top. Wow the view was amazing. They had these men dressed in traditional German Lederhosen and were playing beautifully crafted alphorns. They sounded beautiful! It was such a great experience. I loved it. Thanks to my mother in-law with giving us girls a great time out together!




3. Buying washer dryer 

So in April of 2013 we signed a contract to build a house. It was going to be ready end of October, beginning of November. We wanted to buy a new washer and dryer during the labor day sales for our new home since ours were on their last leg. We had a storage unit that we were going to store it while our home was still being built. After we purchased it, we had to drive to their warehouse in West Valley to pick it up. We had a family party at 4 to go to afterwards. Well little did we know, 3 hours was not going to be enough time to make it to that party on time. 

We went to the warehouse and had to wait for them to grab our washer and dryer. While waiting a car in the parking load exploded and was on fire. Someone on the intercom announced it asking if the owner of the green Bronco could come out side because it was on fire..... so naturally every single person who worked at RC Willey came out side to watch this car burn. Firefighters came and took a axe to it and put the fire out. Well that took some time.... and we were still waiting for our washer/ dryer which no one was getting because they were taking pictures of this car that exploded. After an hour of being there, we finally got everything loaded in our truck. 

We started to drive to Bluffdale to the storage unit. (it was next to where our house was being built.) it started to rain! Major rain storm in fact. We get to the storage unit and we are completely wet in seconds. It's just Spencer and I and I realize that we did not think this through since these huge heavy boxes on in our truck which is obviously not close to the ground. We had to figure out how to get these boxes off the truck. We probably needed some more guys... oh well. we put our brains together and decided to construct a pulley system. The issue was the straps that were holding the boxes in place to the truck were so wet we had a hard time loosening them! it was ridiculous! If only you could see us, standing in this truck, getting poured on just trying to loosen these stupid straps! Finally we got them free and were able to use our pulley system to lower the boxes. I was actually pretty proud of us. Well the cardboard boxes had completely come off since they had gotten so wet. Thankfully the appliances were in Styrofoam :) 

Driving from Bluffdale to Taylorsville for the party we were indeed late. I got a call from my family asking where I was and all I said was "you will not believe our afternoon" well they believed it once we walked in the door looking like we went swimming! Definitely something we won't forget. 





4. Supervisor position:

October of 2013 I was offered a supervisor position in my then current department. I was a team lead and had been for a little over a year. It was a big step and one of the reason I became so busy. I worked hard at work and came home to my family and all my "free time" was spent with Caleb, my husband and doing the things I need to do to keep my house running. Life as a supervisor is quite different from being a lead but it's very rewarding and I absolutely love my job! I can't believe I was blessed to find such an amazing company that has grown so fast and puts so much into their employees! It was a huge blessing to us as well and I was excited to take on the task!

0 comments: