First off, if you are going to wear mascara the last couple of weeks of pregnancy, wear water proof. I just loved how there were some precious pictures taken right after Caleb was born and I have raccoon eyes. This is definitely not the most important but trust me, you'll thank me when your picture is taken and you don't have black under your eyes.
Here is the list of items that I brought and actually used.
CAMERA! :) This is a must
For Mommy:
Toothbrush/travel size toothpaste
Hairbrush
ponytail holder
face wash and moisturizer (if I am washing my face I need to moisturize afterwards)
travel size shampoo and conditioner
make up-just the basics
deodorant
chapstick
Boppy to help with breastfeeding
Your own comfy pillow. The hospital ones are so flat. you get uncomfortable after awhile.
I brought cotton pajamas to hang out in. Mine were very similar to these, I think I got them at target? LINK
I know some mom's wear a gown of their own (maybe a pajama gown), especially you are getting a C-section. I didn't wear the hospital gown after the first day because I didn't want my butt hanging out and wanted to freely walk around, or go to the bathroom when company was visiting or having something other than a hospital gown when Spencer took photos of us and the baby. Even if it is a comfy top that has buttons to make breastfeeding easier would be nice.
A comfy outfit for you to go home in and sleepers or warm easy sleep on shoes.
Your favorite snacks
Cell phone charger!
For Husband:
Comfy clothes to sleep in.
pair of clean clothes and underwear
toothbrush
snacks, snacks and snacks for him. -I went to Riverton Hospital and they had snacks and food for mommy but not for daddy...although I did share with him anyway ;) Also if you can have family bring him food that would be nice, Spencer never wanted to leave me :)
Labtop or ipad or whatever you have to entertain him while you are napping.
For Baby:
Although the hospital has blankets and a onesie top for the baby to wear. I did bring my own blanket and a hat for pictures. you can bring an outfit for pictures too. but they don't need more than one pair of clothes.
Going home outfit
Baby memory book- I got a cute certificate from Riverton with my baby's foot prints but if you want your babies foot prints in a book or something, they'll stamp his/her feet for you. I hadn't needed one since most IHC hospitals give you something.
And of course a car seat. Make sure to have it properly installed by a professional before hand.
Also I wish I had brought a cute thank you card because the nurses at Riverton were Amazing! I loved them.
A little advice,
Everyone has different preferences so do what YOU want and feel comfortable with. After I delivered I had many visitors. I loved seeing family, but I was so tired...so very tired...Plus your number one priority is getting that baby fed. What happened with me is when the baby slept ...I was visiting with family..and when the baby was awake I was trying to feed the baby, which trying to learn how to breastfeed takes time and while I was working with him on latching properly...family was wanting to visit. So I did not sleep all day. and that's important. I love my family and on one hand it was so great to see everyone and have everyone oooo and awww over my beautiful baby. But I think if everyone came the second day or even once we got home, it would have been easier. of course I didn't think of this at the time, it being my first baby and all. My advice is after you deliver, let it be all about you, daddy and the baby. Especially you and the baby. that should be your entire focus. There will be lots of time for visiting later. Just focus on this precious little one that is yours, nothing else. It'll also make breastfeeding easier. Riverton was great with their lactation consultants. Please make sure you take a breastfeeding class before hand and then take the class at the hospital. I called to have a consultant come to my room multiple times. They were so patient and I really appreciated their help.


0 comments:
Post a Comment