Monday, September 5, 2011

Labor Day Weekend

Here is a slideshow of the photo's we took



I was so excited to be able to take Spencer camping with my parents. We got everything ready and headed up to Soapstone early Thursday afternoon. My parents already left Wednesday night to secure the best spot up at Soapstone. The drive took about an hour and a half. The people who camped there just before us, laid hay down under their tents. It made the ground really soft for our tent. The spot really was beautiful. It's very secluded. So no one would be able to camp near us. There was a nice pond near by. Loved it!

Everything was going great. Spencer and I woke up early to try and get some nice morning images with his camera. Then we made breakfast with my parents, a really yummy breakfast, pancakes, eggs, hash-browns and bacon. After breakfast, I laid down and fell asleep. Spencer and my parents decided to go on a hike, and let me rest. I woke up, probably 15 mins after they left, and was in extreme pain! from the top of my stomach to the bottom of my gut. Horrible pain. I will spare you all the details but I was not doing so well. The first thing that came to mind was food poisoning. But, when Spencer and my parents got back from the hike, they felt fine. I ate the same thing as the rest of them. Spencer and my Dad gave me a blessing, which helped a lot and I was able to sleep. It seemed like I was doing much better, but then later that evening it got worse. My mom was really worried and wanted me to go to the doctors. But there was no way I was making Spencer leave camp and drive all the way to SLC just for doctors to say, oh it'll pass, just wait. My Mom is always prepared. So she had medicine to help me feel better. We were worried about me getting dehydrated. So I sipped on Gatorade, which was the only thing my body allowed to enter without punishment.

I basically never left the couch in my parents trailer. Spencer and my parents played games, and Spencer chopped a lot of wood. ha ha. Poor guy, he really wanted to spend time with me. But he still enjoyed himself. Friday night I was feeling better, but I woke up at 2:30 am really nauseated. Since I didn't have anything in my stomach I was just dry heaving. Fun stuff. I figured I was just dehydrated since I had gone over 5 hours of not drinking. So I sipped on Gatorade. around 4 or 5 am my mom came and sat by me and woke me up every 20 mins to make me take a drink. and then around 6 my dad traded her spots. Then Spencer came in from the tent, and laid next to me. We decided after breakfast that Spencer and I would leave camp and go to instacare.

I got to instacare and they saw I was in a lot of pain. So they immediately got me a bed. I was dehydrated and they gave me an IV with pain meds and also medicine to help the nausea. The pain meds helped a lot. They weren't sure what it was, they say it could be many things. A Stomach flu, something viral. Bacteria, etc. But since I seemed to be doing better after the IV they sent me home with some medicine and told me to come back if it didn't go away after 3 days.

The strange thing, it would get better and then terribly worse and then better, then worse. Sunday morning Spencer left to go to John and Raylene's baby blessing. While he was gone, the pain got so bad I was on the floor crying. Seriously, I've never been sick like this. He came home and helped me feel better, I was finally able to sleep. After this, I was debating on going back to the doctors but I felt it would be a waste of time. Plus, we were pretty tired of instacare because during all of this, Saturday night an idiot rear ended my husband while he was at a stop light. the car actually held up pretty well but my husband's fingers and arm were numb and he had back and neck pain. so we went back to instacare for x-rays etc. He's going to be okay, no worries.

So I didn't go back to instacare I just slept. I took something for the pain, and slowly I started to feel better. I actually was able to eat something last night. and this morning I'm feeling a little better. I'm just really disappointed that I had to call in sick for work. I'm not going to lie, this definitely has not been my favorite Labor Day weekend. But I'm grateful for my husband. He helped my parents a lot during camping and helped with the meals. He packed up camp, and when we got home made sure everything was put away. He took care of me and everything else that needed to be done.

Even this morning, while I laid on the couch he cleaned the apartment and made sure to check on me and give me lots of hugs and kisses :) Hopefully I am past the worst part and I can start eating real food again.

1 comments:

The A Family said...

Oh you poor thing! We hope you are both doing better!!